Volunteers are at the Carlington Community Police Centre in the Westgate Shopping Centre to assist you on:
Weekdays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. evenings: 6 to 9 p.m.
Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Drop in at the Centre or contact us by telephone at 236-1222 (extension 5814 or 5815). Constable Bruce Marshall oversees the Centre's activities and can be reached at extension 5816. If you would like trained volunteers to assist you in conducting a security evaluation of your home, contact us at the Centre. If you would like a trained volunteer to address your group (in English or in French) on home security, personal safety and protection against fraud, contact Louis Tremblay at 722-3699.
Once again, bicycles are out in full force and we would like to remind all cyclists to:
- Never ride on sidewalks
- Ride single file on all roads
- Look in every direction before proceeding at intersections
- Obey all stop signs and traffic lights
- Always signal when turning
- Watch out for motor vehicles and wear protective gear (such as a helmet)
- And, finally, remember to lock your bicycle when you leave it or some one will steal it!
The following information will be required when reporting a stolen bicycle:
- Your Name and Address
- Address Bicycle stolen from
- Serial Number* of Bicycle
- Frame Size and Colour
- Wheel Size and Colour
- Number of Gears; and
- List of Additional Items on Bicycle.
* To reclaim a stolen bicycle you will require a serial number or have your own identification number stamped on the frame.
Please keep a record of the above information in case your bicycle is stolen. It will enable the police to identify it more quickly if it is found.