Volunteers are at the Carlington Community Police Centre in the Westgate Shopping Centre to assist you on:
- Weekdays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wed. & Thurs. evenings: 6 to 9 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Drop in at the Centre or contact us by telephone at 236-1222 (extension 5815). Constable Bruce Marshall oversees the Centre's activities and can be reached at extension 5816.
The following reports can be made at the Centre:
- Vandalism or damage to motor vehicles
- Theft from motor vehicles
- Lost and found articles
- Stolen property or recovered stolen property
- Property damage
You can also obtain information (and required supplies) on the following:
- Vials for Life
- Home Security (*inspection if required)
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Operation Identification (engraving pen)
- Child Find Program (*fingerprinting)
- Other crime prevention information
*If you would like to have your child's fingerprints taken (as part of the Child Find Program), you should call prior to your visit to ensure that a volunteer who is trained in fingerprinting will be available at that time.
*You may contact the Centre to make arrangements for a home security evaluation. Volunteers who have been trained in conducting security evaluations will assist you in checking your home to determine possible entry points and any weaknesses they may have. Remember that they will go to your home at your request only and will have their Ottawa-Carleton Police Volunteer photo identification card.
When it comes to home security, remember that no device or system can be completely burglar proof. You can however, take certain precautions to discourage thieves from breaking into your home.